Policy changes, deletions, additions
Nov. 8, 2023
- Updated Section 8: To align AGM 10.2.1 with AGM 10.2.2 on the policy of limitations of workable hours during Thanksgiving break.
Nov. 1, 2023
- Updated Section 5.e.5: Retention Time to require records to be retained for four years.
Oct. 19, 2023
Changed made throughout, including:
- Section 2.b: Information added about student work hours during holidays and breaks.
- Section 1.b: Revised guidance on stipend payments.
- Section 4: New Remote Work subsection added (4.b).
Sept. 25, 2023
- Email addresses and contact information updated throughout.
- Section 2.b: Additional information added about hand-carrying checks.
- Secion 2.c.2: Updated handling instructions for Certificate in Excess of Gift.
August 15, 2023
- Section 1.a: Renamed to Definitions of Employee and Independent Contractor/Consultant and clarified the definition of a contractor.
- Section 1.b.: Deleted due to updates in 1.a.
- Section 3.a.3: Compliance with Employment Law/Re-verifying Form I-9: Updated to clarify I-9 employment re-verification requirements
- Section 4.c: Payroll Accounting/Charges to Projects, Tasks, and Awards: Updated with information on how to find PTAs for salary and wage expenditures
- Section 6.d: Payroll Deductions/Cessation of Deductions: Updated to reflect how deductions are managed and where employees can find information about retirement savings distributions
- Section 7.b and 7.c: Delivery of Checks and Bank Deposit Advices: Updated the processes for delivering paychecks and undelivered paychecks
- Minor changes throughout to update links to related websites
July 20, 2023
- Significant changes throughout, including:
- Raised the maximum for 'de minimis' gifts from $50 to $100 to align this requirement with the current cost of goods.
- Established that gift cards and gift certificates are taxable regardless of amount.
- Recommended the purchase of Stanford-branded merchandise, food, or other tangible items when selecting employee gifts.
July 10, 2023
- Sections 2.a.2, 2.b.2, and 5.a: Updated the time to submit a reimbursement request from 20 days to 60 days.
- Section 6.b: Removed outdated content that related to a prior change from 2015.
- Section 1: Added a reference to the Providing Urgent Maternal Protections (PUMP) for Nursing Mothers Act, a federal law that was recently enacted.
- Section 4: Clarified when requests for lactation breaks should be provided.
June 21, 2023
- Throughout: Updated "Risk Management" to "Risk Management and Insurance Office"
- Throughout: Updated the amount for claims that are self-insured by the university from $1,000,000 to $1,500,000 and updated the claim responsibility for departments from $1,000 to $10,000
- Section 2.a(1): Situations not Covered: Updated "Damage caused by earthquake" bullet point to remove "or natural disaster flood"
- Section 4: Liability Insurance: Deleted 4.c(4): Allocation of Settlement Costs as content is covered in 4.c(3); updated the claim amount for self-insured by the university in 4.c(1): Public Liability and 4.c(2): Employee and/or Student Relations to $3,000,000
June 7, 2023
- Section 2.d. English proficiency for teaching assistantships: Clarified the language testing requirements for teaching assistants to align these requirements for teaching with the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) requirements for applying for graduate school admission.
Changes do not affect policy content, but may include corrected cross-references to other policies, corrected titles, change of authority for the policy, changed URLs, addresses, and phone numbers, or very minor text changes for clarity. Policies are not re-dated when housekeeping edits are made; the date is only updated if the policy content is changed.
November 16, 2023
- Section 2.a.1: Add clarification on situations covered.
- Section 2.a.3: Removed reference to AGM 2.4.5.
- Section 4.c: Changed references of Public Liability to General Liability.
- Section 7.a: Removed reference to self-insure policy.
- Section 7.c: Removed reference to organization not being required to pay for costs for losts or damage related to rented vehicles, and added link to Property and Liability Insurance information.
November 8, 2023
- Section 3.a: Updated link for Disclosure of Borrower Information.
September 15, 2023
- Updated links throughout, including the Space Request Form.
September 7, 2023
- Section 2.3. Property Insurance>Deductible: Corrected a typo in the self-insured amount for each claim from $10,500 to $1,500,000.
July 13, 2023
- Section 2.c, Table 1: Maximum Number of Hours of Hourly Employment Permitted per Week; language corrections for Summer Enrolled Students, F1 or J1 Visa holders, that had been mistakenly not included in a recent website migration. Also, reinstated footnote #4 underneath the table.
July 11, 2023
- Authority: Changed "Controller" authority to the correct title, "Sr. Vice President for Finance."
May 7, 2023
- Section 4: Approval Process: updated the link to submit a service request for FMS
March 8, 2023
- Section 3: the correct name and link was inserted for Protected Identity Harm Reporting
February 7, 2023
- Throughout, updated the title of an authorizing official, the Senior Associate Vice President and Chief Risk Officer.
- Throughout, updated the address of the Risk Management office.
February 6, 2023
- Section 3: Academic Staff: Clarified that teaching staff is comprised of Lecturers, Senior Lecturers, Advanced Lecturers, and Artists-in-Residence. Updated the job titles for the professional library staff.
January 1, 2023
- Updated Section 2.a: Protection against Discrimination to include "reproductive health decision-making."