POLICY CHANGES, DELETIONS, ADDITIONS
February 13, 2019
- Eliminated Section 6.d.3., which required employees to use two weeks of earned but unused vacation time before receiving FTD insurance benefits.
February 8, 2019
A new sub-chapter in Chapter 3 was added, along with two new policies. The new sub-chapter identifies the policy and responsibilities related to Account Balance Reconciliation and Attestation of the University’s Statement of Financial Position.
- AGM 3.8.1: Account Balance Reconciliation: Outlines the policy and responsibilities for reconciling account balances in the University’s general ledger and on the Statement of Financial Position.
- AGM 3.8.2: Account Balance Attestation: Outlines the policy and responsibilities for attesting to account balances in the University’s general ledger and the Statement of Financial Position.
January 8, 2019
- Updated to reflect current policy around appropriate use of cash advances. Specifically, the use of advances to pay for visitor airfare was removed, as this presents a risk to the university and is not currently practiced. In addition, clarifications were made in language describing the process for requesting and returning advances. Housekeeping updates to correct department names and URLs were also made.
December 21, 2018
December 19, 2018
- Section 2.b.: Updated to clarify how gifts of tangible personal property are recorded.
- Section 2.c.: Removed reference to staff attorney.
- Section 4: Removed reference to staff attorney.
- Section 5.b(1): Replaced “investment returns” with “Board determined payout,” and updated the Fund Accounting phone number.
- Section 5.b(2): Updated Office of Planned Giving information.
- Section 5.b(3): Added Fund Accounting phone number.
- Section 6.c(1): Corrected Office of Planned Giving title.
- Section 6.c(2): Added language about donors consulting with tax advisors on filing requirements.
- Section 7: Removed reference to staff attorney.
- Section 2.c.: Replaced Securities information with new text to clarify how stock certificates should be forwarded to the Gift Securities team, including addresses.
- Section 2.f.: Updated to reflect that memorial and honorarium gifts are used to “support the objects and purposes of the University.”
- Section 2.g.: Added references to the Office of Planned Giving in the last two sentences.
- Section2.h.: Changed the Manager of Trusts and Bequests title to Manager of Estate Services.
- Section 2.b.: Added exception to the approval process for previously-approved annual solicitation requests for prospects rated at $1,000,000 and above.
- Section 2.a(1): Certain small projects: Added new process for reviewing gifts with central development staff if there are any unusual terms or circumstances related to the gift.
- Section 3.b: Removed reference to the Office of Vice President for Development.
- Section 3.c.: Removed first reference to the Office of the Vice President for Development, and replaced reference to the Office of the Provost with Office of the Vice President for Development in second to last sentence.
- Section 3.d.: Removed reference to the School Dean or cognizant Cabinet member in last sentence.
- Section 3.e.: Added Office of the Vice President for Development to list of approvers.
December 18, 2018
November 30, 2018
- Section 4.f.: Updated to clarify amortization of internal loans, particularly with regard to new Bridge Financing loan terms, and how debt service will be charged after substantial completion of the project to the school or unit responsible for repaying the loan.
October 6, 2018
- Section 1.d.: Renumbered to add 1.d(1), 1.d(2), 1.d(3) and 1.d(4), to clarify how PTO is reported and scheduled
- Throughout: Changed references to "his/her" to "they" or "their"
September 9, 2018
- Section 5.b Maintenance and Retention: Terminated Employees: Updated to reflect that records are to be maintained for eight years following a termination.
- Housekeeping edits throughout to clarify who to contact related to personnel files.