POLICY CHANGES, DELETIONS, ADDITIONS
September 16, 2019
- Updated with one new position and one modified position, as recently announced
August 27, 2019
- Replaced the "Christmas" holidays terminology with "Winter Holidays" when referring to the December 24 and 25 paid holidays.
August 13, 2019
- Applicability: Clarified that the policy applies to “regular staff”.
- Section 2.B: Clarified who is eligible for a fee waiver when auditing classes to be consistent with current practice. Added link to required audit form.
June 5, 2019
- Section 3.a: Removed general correspondence between employee and supervisor from list of appropriate content for personnel files.
- Section 3.b: Clarified that workplace investigation records and letters of reference are not retained in personnel files.
- Section 4.a: Clarified that authorized representatives may request a copy of a current employee’s personnel file; clarified timeframes by which copies of personnel files must be furnished.
- Section 4.b: Clarified that authorized representatives may request a copy of a former employee’s personnel file; clarified timeframes by which copies of personnel files must be furnished.
May 21, 2019
- Section 1: Clarified that Live Scan background checks must include both California DOJ and FBI results.
- Section 4: Updated definition of Program Sponsor to be consistent with OSEP’s requirements. Also specified that the Program Sponsor must be represented by a Department Chair, Senior Staff, Institute Director, or designee.
- Housekeeping edits throughout.
April 29, 2019
- Updated throughout to emphasize the core responsibility of financial stewardship and the guiding principle to spend appropriately with regard to business and travel expenses and purchases of items to be owned by Stanford. In addition, an outline of the university’s reimbursement policy and associated IRS Accountable Plan requirements were added. Finally, examples of appropriate and inappropriate business expenses were added to provide clarity on common expense types. Detailed information around transportation guidelines, fare options and meal guidance was removed but will continue to be available on Fingate.
AGM 5.4.3: Reimbursable Expenses
- This Guide Memo was deleted, and the content was added to the updated 5.4.2: Business and Travel Expenses.