POLICY CHANGES, DELETIONS, ADDITIONS
May 18, 2018
- Updated reference to OMB regulations applicable to sponsored research
- Made appropriate references to revised AGM 2.1.20 and related definitions
- Clarified that “business necessity” exists where an employee is a remote worker as defined by AGM 2.1.20 for purposes of providing or reimbursing such employees for mobile equipment and related services
- Removed the requirement that employees must demonstrate financial hardship in order to receive reimbursement of reasonable business use of home internet service
- Clarified that telecommuting is nota factor establishing “business necessity” for purposes of providing or reimbursing mobile equipment and related services (business use of cell/data service and home internet service)
- Provided links to updated forms for providing or obtaining reimbursement for mobile equipment and/or business use of cell/data service and home internet service
Mobile Equipment and Cell/Data Services Template
This template was re-named “Mobile Equipment and Cell/Data Services Template”, and replaces the “Mobile Equipment and Services Template” found on Fingate. (This form memorializes mobile equipment provided to an employee and is also used to authorize reimbursement of up to $25/month in reasonable business use of personal cell/data service as provided in AGM 8.1.3.) The form also clarifies that reimbursement of home internet must be requested on a separate form pursuant to AGM 2.1.20.
Home Internet Services Reimbursement Form
This template removed the requirement that employees requesting reimbursement for business use of home internet service must demonstrate financial hardship, but kept the requirement that “business necessity” must be established as provided in the revised AGM 8.1.3. The form was also updated to reflect the levels and types of approval required for an employee to receive reimbursement for business use of home internet service, and confirms such reimbursement is authorized up to $35 per month.
March 20, 2018
- Updated according to new Federal tax regulations regarding the taxability of relocation expenses
March 9, 2018
- Updated the Funds Functioning as Endowment (or Quasi-Endowment Funds) section of the policy
- Updated the Intermediate Pool Funds section of the policy
- Updated the title from "Expendable Funds Investment, Interest Allocation and Buffer Policy" to "Expendable Funds Investment, Return Allocation and Buffer Policy"
- Updated the Expendable Funds Investment and Return Allocation Policy section
January 19, 2018
New policy to align with state (CA Labor Code sections 1030-1033) and federal (PPACA) lactation laws and reflects Stanford's commitment to a workplace culture supportive of family care-giving responsibilities.
January 12, 2018