4. Giving to Stanford
This chapter covers policies and procedures on managing gifts to the university, including:
- Processing, acknowledging, and recording donations
- Departmental special collections
- Guidelines for naming facilities and land features
- Funding new programs and prioritizing fundraisers
- This policy provides detailed information, about gifts, including definitions, responsibilities, descriptions of gift classifications and their designations, and tax considerations.
- This section describes the various types of gifts accepted by the University and proper procedures for processing, acknowledging, and recording gifts, including equipment, land, buildings, and special collections.
- This section contains information about operating policies for development activities in the Office of Development and around the university.
- This section outlines the review and approval process, including the procedures by which requests are reviewed for academic merit, budget impact, and fundraising potential.
- Proposals for new programs, projects, or activities should take into account the feasibility of obtaining required funding as well as the budgetary and other impacts the proposals may have on the university.